Leading human resources through a centralized analytics ecosystem
Our client, a Canadian leader in the pulp and paper manufacturing industry, sought to improve the efficiency of its HR processes. Indeed, following several mergers and acquisitions in recent years, the company found itself at the helm of a multitude of tools and methods, complicating the high-level management of HR processes. Certain indicators are difficult to monitor for companies that operate in more than ten countries and have never centralized their data, such as the analysis of turnover rates, the identification of critical positions, the payroll evolution, etc.
Our mission: centralize dispersed data to optimize human resources management
To carry out this ambitious project and succeed in integrating and centralizing a significant amount of data from country-specific processes and sub-divisions, we have:
- Coordinated the work of HR software publishers already implemented in order to have automated data flows,
- Standardized the different HR indicators from different countries and different branches, in collaboration with the different stakeholders,
- Apprehended the data by working with HR analysts at head office, but also those in other offices of the organization (in Canada and abroad),
- Migrated data to a Cloud platform (Oracle),
- Accompanied the IT and HR department in change management and project management in agility.
The key to success: a long-term vision shared by all business lines
For our solution to be useful and used, it was important to favour a long-term approach. Thus, we had to advise our client on the functionalities to be given to their solution to meet their immediate needs and anticipate their future needs. It is the trust the client showed in us, coupled with our consulting role that allowed us to deliver a sustainable solution.
It is common that in a project like this one, the client is not able to precisely anticipate the needs they might have. It is our role as experts to guide, advise and propose a solution that both adapts to their current needs and is flexible enough to adapt to the needs that may arise tomorrow. In short, to have the audacity to propose a solution that goes beyond what the client initially anticipated.
The benefits of centralizing HR indicators
To ensure better management of a department, it is essential to rely on a certain number of common indicators. Thus, the implementation of our solution has enabled :
- To have access to harmonized, centralized data that can be used by all the HR divisions of the company, from the head office to the branches,
- To ensure better monitoring of the various HR indicators (demographics and position of employees, salaries, bonuses, etc.) of the company and its structures,
- Use consumable data quickly and flexibly according to the company’s needs.